Posts Tagged ‘mike adams’
What’s ahead for 2011 – 2012? This time in human history promises to bring forth more changes than any other similar duration of time known to our civilization. I believe the changes that will occur in the next two years will rock the foundations of our economies, governments and belief systems. In the end, after considerable turmoil, I see a great expansion of human consciousness and a maturing of the human race. Here are the details…
More people growing their own food
Beginning in 2011 and continuing for many years beyond, we will see an explosion in the number of people growing their ownfood. People see the big trends in thefood supplyfast approaching:GMOcontamination of crops, the loss of localfood productiondue to FDA interference, the crackdown on smallfarmers, and even disruptions in the global food supply.
As people realize the importance of having their own home-grown source of food, we will see a surge in backyard gardens, food storage and in-home production methods such as sprouting and food dehydrating.
We will see a strong “back to basics” interest surge leading up to2012, with many people choosing to move out of high-density cities (or even high-density nations) and seek self-reliance in more rural areas.
This will also reveal renewed interest inhome-grownmeatproductionwith more people growing (and eating) their own chickens and cows rather than relying on processed, factory-farmed meats.
Increased awareness ofnatural remediesand health freedom
Thenatural healthcommunity will achieve significant victories over the next two years in awakening people to naturalremedies, medicinal herbs and the core ideas ofhealth freedom. The monopolistic pushers ofpharmaceuticalsare fighting a desperate, losing battle to try to keep people ignorant, but they will lose that fight andnaturalmedicine will ultimately emerge as the healing method of choice for an increasing number of people.
Natural childbirth will continue to gain recognition around the world, and more parents will begin to question the ADHD drugging of their children. Theindustryof psychiatry as we know it today will continue crumbling under the burden of fraud and criminal behavior, finally collapsing well before 2020 thanks to the efforts of a few groups, notably CCHR.
The global shift away from pharmaceuticals and toward disease prevention andnutritionwill accelerate in 2011 – 2012, with vitamin D leading the charge. An increasing number of people will learn about top nutrients such as resveratrol, astaxanthin and omega-3s. Nutrition education will become increasingly evident in public schools, and many school lunch programs will be reworked to remove more processed deadfoodsand increase real nutrition.
Significant victories will be achieved overwater fluoridation,mercury fillingsandGMOs(see below). Thevaccineissue, however, will remain highly contentious. Victory overseasonal fluvaccineswill take many more years…
More people waking up to reality
Today, most people are sleepwalking through their lives, functioning as cogs in a giant machine of which they have no knowledge and no control. Over the next two years, that will significantly change. More and more people will beawakened into a state ofawareness. They will realize that living out their lives working mundane jobs, watching television, eating junk food and taking pharmaceuticals is not fulfilling their true purpose in life, andmany will seek a higher purpose.
An increasing number of people will come to understand that their lives are mere illusion — that they’ve been following programming set out for them by others, and that if they wish to truly achievefreedom(of mind), they must break out of the patterns that have been constructed for them.
As a result, we’re going to see more people rebelling against the status quo while simultaneously expanding their own awareness of the bigger picture — how things work in our world and what their role might be in uplifting our shared reality.
In the short term, this might result in a tremendous amount of strife, but in the end, it will give rise to a true uplifting of consciousness among the people in our world.
Specific upcoming victories in the world of naturalhealth
• The People will achieve significant victories over GMOs. I believe that We the People will ultimately win this battle against GMOs inAmerica. As information about thedangersof GMOs continues to spread, people will increasingly demand that GMO foods be labeled. With enough support (perhaps in 2012, but probably later), a law will be passed requiring that GMO foods be labeled as such, and that will spell the beginning of the end of the GMO era in America.
• TheFDAwill, one way or another, be forced to admit thatmercury fillings(“silver fillings”) are dangerous for human health. At the very least, the agency will warn that children and expectant mothers should not be exposed tosilverfillings. If this does not happen, you can expect apopular revolt againstthe FDAand a loud cry for the dissolution of the entire agency.
• The next big public health battle will be overwaterfluoridation, and you can expectNaturalNews, the Fluoride Action Network and many other organizations to turn up the heat on the dangers ofwaterfluoridation. Expect to see thefluoridepushers eventually forced to back down and admit that the fluoride dripped into the municipal water supplies is actually collected as a toxic waste byproduct of the phosphate mining industry. (We are releasing a significant mini-documentary on this topic in the next 30 days.) The reputation of the ADA — which has backedmercuryfillings for decades — is headed into the dumpsters.
• On the issue of freedom and liberty, I predicta surge of interest in Libertarian political philosophyfrom both former Democrats and former Republicans who realize that the path to prosperity and freedom is found inindividual libertyandpersonal responsibility. I see the Tea Party suffering from disillusionment as its own elected members betray its supporters with more taxes andBig Governmentspending. Expect to see Ron Paul and Rand Paul do extraordinarily well in the coming years (as long as they stay on principle), and watch fora groundswell of popular supportfor the once-again-new idea of sensibly limitedgovernment.
• Watch for a rise in theTenth Amendmentmovementin America as an increasing number of Americans fight back against what they see as a dangerous expansion of the power of thefederal government. With the TSA in your pants and the FDA in your greenhouse, there’s no telling what part of your life Big Brother wants to control next. America was founded on the idea oflimited government, and I believe we’ll see a powerful, passionate movement that seeks to bring the federal government back down to its Constitutionally-mandated size (which is a fraction of its current size and scope). The Tenth Amendment, by the way, specifically reserves all rights not specifically granted to the federal government to be held by the States or the People. The Constitution, for the record, never granted the federal government the right to run a health care system, nor to give away the power to coin money to a private banking cartel, nor to inspect your backyard food production operation that you use to produce jams and jellies for the local farmers’ market.
• Expect a new Big Government war oninternetfreedom. Mostly due to theWikileaksreleases, governments around the world are going to desperately attempt to policethe internetand clamp down on web-based free speech. This will likely result in an online war between the “empire” (the USA and the UN) and the “rebel alliance” (the internethackerssuch as ‘anonymous’).
• By the end of 2012, I predictsignificant food supply disruptionsin North America, brought about either by radicalweatheraffecting crop yields or perhaps the invasion ofdiseaseindirectly caused by the over-use of pesticides or GMOs. The number of people in America struggling to feed themselves and their families will rise along with foodprices(see next). This will inevitably result in a huge increase incrime(burglaries, thefts) at precisely the same time that cities are laying off local law enforcement officers due to budgetary restrictions.
• Expect to seefood pricesclimb with alarming speed over the next two years. Wheat is already on the rise, and even meat prices will surge up sharply before the end of 2012. While food won’t disappear, it will become significantly more expensive, causing more people to shift to subsidized foods (corn, sugar, etc.) which also happen to be some of the worst foods for your health. GMOs are cheap in the short run… until you get your hospital bill.
•Oil priceswill also trend sharply upwards over the next two years. We will almost certainly seeoilat $150 per barrel and possibly even at $200 for a brief time. This will of course impact food prices, the transportation industry and virtually the entire economy.
• By late 2012, the economic downfall of theUnited Stateswill have accelerated, and the inevitable collapse of the U.S. dollar will by that time have become apparent to virtually everyone. The ability of the U.S. Treasury to auction its debt will drop sharply as ratings institutions either downgrade U.S. debt or publicly threaten to.
• Over the next decade, I predict a disappearing “health middle class” and a great divide between thehealthyand the sick. The healthy, you see, are consuming superfoods, getting sunshine on their skin and taking nutritional supplements on a daily basis. The unhealthy are eatingprocessed foods, taking prescription medications and following the advice of their ignorantdoctorseven if it kills them.There will be fewer people of “average” health in Americain the coming years. The masses will gravitate toward disease and sickness while the informed few (such as NaturalNews readers, raw food vegans,superfoodfans and so on) will get healthier and more productive.
• By 2025, the FDA as we know it today will be ancienthistory, and a new era offood freedomandhealth freedomwill have swept across the former United States of America. Marijuana will become a key crop for raising revenue for the states (or the equivalent governing entity), the pharmaceutical industry will have severely downsized, and the scientific censorship of the FDA will have been abandoned to a chapter of the dark history of America. Millions of doctors, oncologists and useless government bureaucrats will find themselves out of work or, in the most extreme cases, subjected to court trials for their crimes against humanity.
• By 2030, it will become obvious that all those people treated with vaccines, chemotherapy, pharmaceuticals and conventional medical procedures are largely infertile and dying from degenerative disease. Also by this time, those individuals who ate diets largely made of GMOs, processed foods and artificial chemical additives will discover they, too, are infertile and diseased. The dying, diseased people of the western world will look back upon the “age of medical science” with hatred and disbelief, and the vaccines, chemotherapy, mercury fillings, water fluoridation and other poisons that are common in our world today will, by 2030, be written up in the history books as examples of humanity’s incredible capacity for self-deception and faulty thinking, even in the realm of so-called “science.”
Health Ranger predictions are already coming true
Many of the predictions I made a year ago have already come true, by the way. These include:
• China unleashes armies of corporate espionage hackers onto western nations (now verified as true through Wikileaks cables)
• A worldwide shortage of rare earth metals (already under way)
• Food supply disruptions (disruptions have been widely reported throughout 2010)
• Honeybee population collapse spreads to other species (bats are now threatened, too)
• Weather patterns become increasingly radicalized (also widely reported in 2010)
• Medical imaging scandal unfolds as older patients begin to show serious health damage from radiation via mammograms, CT scans and more (widely reported in medical journals in 2010)
• War on health freedom ramps up, targetingraw milk, homeopathy, herbs and supplements (major raids have been conducted this year on food co-ops and raw milk producers)
• New attempts are made to destroy internet freedom (the UN is now planning to roll out internet police, and the U.S. customs department has been seizing websites for the last several months)
These are just some of the many predictions I made one year ago. Many more will yet come true in the years ahead. Overall, by the way, I remainoptimisticabout our future, if only because it is evident that by living through suffering, oppression and slavery, enough members of the human race will finally see the importance of health freedom and take the necessary action to regain it and defend it for generations to come.
In the grand experiment of nations and civilizations now playing out across our tiny planet, those nations which forget the importance of health and freedom are doomed to eventually destroy themselves. Only those nations which recognize freedom and invest in the health of their citizens have any sustainable future. And one day, such a nation of truly free people will undoubtedly rise from the ashes of whatever is left after the current global miscalculations run their course.
The Food Safety Modernization Act looks like it’s headed to become law. It’s being hailed as a “breakthrough” achievement in food safety, and it would hand vast new powers and funding to the FDA so that it can clean up the food supply and protect all Americans from food-borne pathogens.
There’s just one problem with all this:It’s all a big lie.
Here are the ten biggest lies that have been promoted about S.510 by the U.S. Congress, the food industry giants and the mainstream media:
Lie #1 – Most deaths fromfood poisoningare caused by fresh produce
Here’s a whopper themainstream mediawon’t dare report: Out of the 1,809 people who die inAmericaevery year from food-bornepathogens(CDC estimate), only a fraction die from the manufacturer’s contamination offresh produce.By far the majority of foodpoisoningis caused by the consumption of spoiled processedfoods, dead foods and animal-human transmission of pathogens.
For example, one of the largest food-borne killers according to theCDCisToxoplasma gondii, adiseasethat people acquire fromcatfecescoming into contact with theirfood, which can happen right in their own homes (http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/eid/Vol5n…). Salmonella poisoning accounts for553deathsa year. As a reference for relative risk, over 42,000 people die each year from road accidents in the USA, meaning driving acarhas a roughly7600% higher chanceof killing you than eating fresh produce. (http://www.driveandstayalive.com/in…)
In terms of food-borne illness, many of the deaths come from things like spoiled tomato sauce, spoiled canned foods and spoiled pasteurizedmilk. S 510, of course, does absolutely nothing to address thesefood contaminationdeaths, since those foods are considered “sterilized” at the time of sale.
Lie #2 – Under S.510,the FDAwould only recall products it knows to be contaminated
Not true. S.510 merely requires theFDAto have “reason to believe” a food is contaminated. So right there, that meansall raw milk will be targeted by the FDAbecause even without conducting any scientific tests at all, the FDA can say it has “reason to believe” the milk is contaminatedmerely because it is raw.
In other words, the FDA no longer needs science to outlaw a food product. It merely needsan opinion.
Is this “reason to believe” section really true? Yep, and here’s how it was amended:
SEC. 208. ADMINISTRATIVE DETENTION OF FOOD.
23 (a) IN GENERAL. – Section 304(h)(1)(A) (21 U.S.C.24 334(h)(1)(A)) is amended by
(1) striking ”credible evidence or information indicating” and inserting ”reason to believe”;
In other words, in negotiating this bill, the U.S.Senateremoved the requirement that the FDA needed “credible evidence” in order torecalla product and, instead, replaced that with the FDA only needing “reason to believe.”
It is utterly amazing that the U.S.Congresswould give the FDA to conduct large-scale product recalls and evenimprison peoplebased entirely on what the agency “has reason to believe.”
Last time I checked, the FDA held some pretty bizarre (if not downright moronic) beliefs, including this jaw-dropping whopper: The FDA literally believes that there is no food, no herb, no vitamin or supplement thathas any ability to prevent disease of any kind. They don’t even believe limes can prevent scurvy, and you’d have to nutritionally illiterate to believe that.
The FDA believes foods are inert and that all the amazing phytonutrients in those foods (carotenoids, antioxidants, therapeutic fats like omega-3 and so on) are utterly useless for human biology.
This belief, held by the FDA that has now been put in charge ofthe food supply, isthe belief system of an insanegovernmentagencythat has completely lost touch with reality while abandoning nutritional science.
Lie #3 – They didn’t tell you that nearly 70% of grocery storechickensare contaminated withsalmonellaevery day
Yep, it’s true: Amid all the fear-mongering over salmonella, everybody forgot to notice that the vast majority of fresh chickens sold at grocery stores every single day are widely contaminated with salmonella (http://www.naturalnews.com/028661_c…). Yet S 510 does absolutely nothing to address this. It’s not even mentioned in the bill.
In fact, it is these contaminated chickens that end up cross-contaminating the fresh produce in many kitchens across America. So the so-called “food poisoning” that’s often blamed on spinach or onions often originates with the contaminatedchickenmeat people bringhomeand slice on their kitchen cutting boards.
Lie #4 – S.510 will exclude and protect smallfarmers
TheTester Amendment, which was finally included in S.510, excludes farmers who sell less than $500,000 worth of food each year from the more onerous paperwork and compliance burdens described in the bill. But this dollar amountis not indexed toinflation, meaning that as the U.S. dollar continues to lose value due to the Federal Reserve counterfeiting machine running at full speed (more “quantitative easing,” anyone?), food prices will continue to skyrocket — and this will shift even smallfamilyfarms into the $500,000 sales range within just a few years.
In fact, a single-family farm with just four people could easily sell $500,000 worth of fresh produce a year right now, even before inflation. Remember, $500,000 is not their profit, but rather the gross sales amount. The profits on that might be only $50,000 or even less.
Furthermore, this $500,000 threshold means that small, successful farms that are doing well and would like to expand willrefuse to hire more peopleor expand theiroperations. To avoid the tyranny of S 510, small farms will try to stay small, and that means avoiding the kind of business expansion that would create new jobs.
Lie #5 – The FDA needs more power to enforcefood safety
The FDA already has thepowerto effectively recall foods by publicly announcing a product has been found to be contaminated. The FDA already has the power to confiscate “misbranded” products, too, and it could easily use this power to halt the sale of contaminated food items.
But the FDA simply refuses to enforce the laws already on the books and, instead, has sought to expand its power by hyping up the e.coli food scares. The ploy apparently worked: Now in areactionto the food scare-mongering, the FDA is being handed not just new powers, but more funding, too! And you can bet it will find creative new ways to put this power to work suppressing the healthfreedomsand food freedoms of theAmerican people.
Lie #6 – Fresh produce is contaminated because of a lack of paperwork
There is no evidence that requiring farms to fill out more paperwork will make their food safer. The real cause of producecontaminationis the existence offactoryanimal farmswhose effluent output (huge rivers of cow feces, basically), end up in the water supply, soils and equipment that comes into contact with fresh produce.
The food contamination problem is an UPSTREAM problem where you’ve got to reform the factory animal operations that now dominate the American meatindustry. S.510, however, does absolutely nothing to address this. Factory animal farms aren’t even addressed in the bill!
Lie #7 – The American people are dying in droves from unsafe fresh food
The truth is that Americans are dying fromprocessed foodlaced with toxic chemical additives, not from fresh, raw produce. Partially-hydrogenated oils, white sugar, aspartame,MSGand artificial food colors almost certainly kill far more people than bacterial contaminations.
The American public is also dying from pharmaceuticals — anywhere from 100,000 to 240,000 people a year are killed by FDA-approved drugs (http://www.naturalnews.com/001894.html), most of which have been approved under the guise of blatantly fraudulent science anddrugcompany trickery. The FDA doesn’t seem to mind. In fact, it has been a willful co-conspirator in the scientific fraud carried out byBig Pharmain the name of “medicine.” (http://www.naturalnews.com/027851_h…)
Lie #8 – The FDA just wants to make food “safer”
Actually, the FDA wants to make the food more DEAD. Both the FDA and the USDA are vocal opponents of live food. They think thatthe only safe food is sterilized food, which is why they’ve supported the fumigation, pasteurization and irradiation efforts that have been pushed over the last few years.
California almond growers, for example, must now either chemically fumigate or pasteurize theiralmondsbefore selling them (http://www.naturalnews.com/021776.html). This has destroyed the incomes of U.S. almond farmers and forced U.S. food companies to buy raw almonds from Spain and other countries.
Lie #9 – Food smuggling is a huge problem in America
One of the main sections of S.510 addresses “food smuggling.” Yep — people smuggling food across the country. If you’ve never heard of this problem that’s because it’s not actually a problem.
Not yet anyway.
But there’s a reason why they put this into the bill: Because they’re probably planning oncriminalizing fresh produceand then arresting people for transporting broccoli with the “intent to distribute.”
Yep, farmers bringing fresh produce to sell at the weekend farmer’s market could soon be arrested and imprisoned as if they were drug smugglers. Hence the need for the “food smuggling” provisions of S.510.
Soon, we will all have to meet in secret locations just to trade carrots for cash.
Lie #10 – S.510 will make America’sfood supplythe safest in the world
Actually, even with S.510 in place, America’s food supply is among the most chemically contaminated in the world, second only to China. You can find mercury in the seafood, BPA in the canned soup, yeast extract (MSG) in the “natural” potato chips, and artificial petrochemical coloring agents in children’s foods.
Eating the “Standard American Diet” is probably the single most harmful thing a person can do for their health. It’s the fastest way to get cancer, diabetes and heart disease. Every nation in the world that begins to consume theAmerican dietstarts to showrecord rates of degenerative disease within one generation. This is the “safe food” that the U.S. Senate is now pushing on everyone.
Remember, with S.510, SAFE = DEAD. And the FDA says it wants to keep everybody safe.
Permission granted to reproduce and post this list with credit
Feel free to share this list! Please give the courtesy of credit to this author and a clickable link back to NaturalNews.com. We are working hard to fight forfreedomand educate the public about why we need to resist these “Big Government solutions” that trample over our Constitutional rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness (which, in my mind, includes buying fresh produce at the farmer’s market).
Thank you for your support.
Aaron’s Note: It’s important to remember that one of the biggest detriments to not only American health but also to how we study health issues is government. Most government intervention “to keep us safe” does just the opposite and denies avenues of research that might otherwise save lives.
Concerned about breast cancer? There are three nutrients that virtually eliminate your risk of the disease, even if you carry “breast cancer genes.” Wondering how to cure arthritis? A combination of four different nutrients virtually eliminates arthritis symptoms. Afraid of diabetes? Five different nutrients, all available right now, can help prevent diabetes for mere pennies a day.
And that’s just the beginning…
Nutritional cures exist for nearly every major disease, but the FDA doesn’t want you to know about them. So it has censored truthful, scientifically-proven information about these substances in order to keep you ignorantabout nutritional cures.
Watch my short public service announcement to see more (38 seconds):http://naturalnews.tv/v.asp?v=544BD…
When one U.S. company offering cherry concentrates began linking to government-funded studies that concluded cherries reduce the symptoms of arthritis, they received a threatening letter from the FDA, demanding they remove the links from their website or face “criminal prosecution.” (http://www.naturalnews.com/019366.html)
Similarly, the FDA went on the attack to censor the truth about walnuts, claiming that “walnuts are unapproved drugs” when they are accompanied by truthful, scientific descriptions about their benefits for heart health (http://www.lef.org/featured-article…).
Diamond Foods, a distributor of walnuts, posted a collection of peer-reviewed scientific evidence on its website that described the health benefits of walnuts. In return, here’s part of the utterly illogical set of demands Diamond Foods received from the FDA which claim that “walnuts are drugs”…
“Based on our review, we have concluded that your walnut products are in violation of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (the Act) and the applicable regulations in Title 21, Code of Federal Regulations (21 CFR). …Based on claims made on your firm’s website, we have determined that your walnut products are promoted for conditions that cause them to be drugs because these products are intended for use in the prevention, mitigation, and treatment of disease. …Because of these intended uses, your walnut products are drugs within the meaning of section 201 (g)(1)(B) of the Act [21 U.S.C. 321(g)(B)]. Your walnut products are also new drugs under section 201(p) of the Act [21 U.S.C. 321(p)] because they are not generally recognized as safe and effective for the above referenced conditions. Therefore, under section 505(a) of the Act [21 U.S.C. 355(a)], they may not be legally marketed with the above claims in the United States without an approved new drug application.”
In other words, telling the truth about walnuts turns you into a criminal according to the FDA. And if you tell the scientifically-validated truth about how walnuts can help reduce high cholesterol, that act magically transforms your walnuts into unapproved drugs.
And much the same is true when you’re talking about green tea or pomegranates orsuperfoods. If you dare discuss the health benefits of any food or natural substance while you are selling such items, you will be branded a criminal by the FDA, threatened with criminal prosecution and potentially have your company raided by the FDA along with armed law enforcement agents with guns drawn.
Only junk foods are good for you
At the same time the FDA is attacking health foods, it openly allows ridiculous health claims on processed dead junk foods. Frito-Lay potato chips, for example, are allowed to carry claims that they are “heart healthy.”
So while genuinely health foods like walnuts and pomegranates cannot make health claims,processed dead foods like potato chips may openly carry FDA-approved health claims!
Are you following this yet? Real food is bad for you. But junk food is good for you. That’s what the FDA wants you to believe.
The FDA, you see, doesn’t want you to learn the truth about healthy foods. This agency wants you to remain as ignorant as possible about the scientifically-validated health benefits of natural foods, supplements and superfoods while allowing you to be inundated with false and misleading health claims on processed dead junk foods like potato chips.
And can you guess the point of all this? It’s fairly obvious, isn’t it? The point is to keep Americans in a never-ending state of chronic degenerative disease that will result in a windfall of profits for the drug companies the FDA actually serves.
This is why natural food producers aren’t allowed to even link to scientific articles about their foods. The FDA, you see, is in the business of censoring nutritional science.
See more in my short video: http://naturalnews.tv/v.asp?v=544BD…
Can’t tell the truth about green tea, either
On August 30, 2010, the FDA sent warning letters to manufacturers of green tea beverages, warning them about making health claims about green tea. One such beverage made byCanada Dry carried a claim that the drink is “enhanced with 200 mg of antioxidants from green tea and vitamin C.”
In its threatening warning letter, the FDA insisted that green tea and vitamin C “are not nutrients with recognized antioxidant activity.” (http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap…)
Huh? Vitamin C isn’t an antioxidant? That’s funny, because outside the halls of the FDA offices, vitamin C has antioxidant activity and properties. The laws of chemistry, apparently, are suspended within the FDA’s jurisdiction. All the universal laws of physics cease to exist when the FDA is in charge, and they are instead replaced with the FDA’s distorted opinions of what those laws should actually be. Antioxidants don’t exist. Vitamins are inert substances. Foods contain no medicine. Only pharmaceuticals have biological effects within the human body. These are the far-fetched laws of the universe according to the FDA.
In its never-ending march on nutritional science, the FDA also went after Lipton teas, whose website linked to four scientific studies concluding that green tea has a cholesterol-lowering effect. The FDA warned the Lipton company to remove the links, claiming that they were “misleading” and were effectively making claims that Lipton tea could treat a “disease.”
But what if green tea really can help prevent a disease and the FDA just doesn’t want you to know about it? That’s actually the case with many plant-based nutrients that have powerful protective effects against disease. But according to the FDA’s official position, there is no such thing as a food, nutrient or supplement that can prevent or treat any disease.
Vitamin C doesn’t prevent scurvy. Vitamin D doesn’t prevent rickets. Vitamin B3 doesn’t prevent pellagra, according to the FDA. Vitamins are biologically useless substances unless they’re patented by drug companies in which case they are magically transformed into “therapeutic chemicals” that may be sold to patients at monopoly prices.
The FDA actually believes that fresh, unprocessed foods have no health benefits whatsoever. That’s why no health claims are allowed on such things. But dead processed foods likebreakfast cereals can prevent disease, according to the FDA. That’s why the agency has allowed such products to carry a multitude of health claims.
It’s all part of the FDA’s censorship of science about nutrients, foods and supplements. Rather than promoting real scientific knowledge, the FDA is censoring the science to keep the public as ignorant as possible.
In this way, the FDA is an enemy of nutritional literacy because it aims to keep people in the dark about the health benefits of foods, supplements and nutrients.
And because nutritional literacy is crucial to the long-term survival of America, the FDA, through its campaign of enforced nutritional illiteracy, is effectively an enemy of America. The agency has already accomplished incalculable harm to America’s population and her economy. And the FDA is just getting warmed up! Now it wants to “step up its enforcement” of so-called “false” food labeling. This is just a cover story to clamp down on truthful health claims the FDA wants to censor.
It is through scientific censorship policies like those practiced at the FDA that America may fall to ignorance, disease and medical bankruptcy. The FDA is actually accelerating America’s downfall by isolating people from the nutritional knowledge that could prevent disease, reduce health care costs and save billions of dollars in unnecessary medical costs.
For example, can you imagine the cost savings alone if we as a nation could prevent just one percent of all cancers? According to the National Institutes of Health, cancer costs the USA $228.1 billion in 2008. That’s nearly a quarter of a trillion dollars.
Now imagine the savings if we could find a miracle nutrient that could reduce all cancers by three-quarters? That would save America $171 billion per year (not to mention saving human lives at the same time).
And here’s the good news: Such a nutrient already exists! It’s cheap, safe and readily available. But the American Cancer Society won’t talk about it, the FDA won’t approve it and your doctor almost certainly won’t recommend it. Want to know what it is? Read this article if you don’t already know: http://www.naturalnews.com/021892.html
How to end the FDA’s reign of ignorance and censorship of nutritional science
First off, I highly recommend reading Jonathan Emord’s outstanding book on this subject entitled Global Censorship of Health Information (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/09…).
This is a hugely important book on the subject from one of the industry’s intellectual giants: attorney Jonathan Emord.
Secondly, if you’re in the USA, support the Free Speech about Science Act, a new effort to end FDA censorship over truthful, scientifically-validated health claims for vitamins, foods and nutritional supplements. Click the following link to learn more:http://www.naturalnews.com/028879_c…
Finally, recognize that we are beginning to defeat the FDA in court. In particular, the Alliance for Natural Health recently emerged victorious against the FDA in court over the agency’s effort to censor truthful information about how selenium can reduce your risk of cancer. (http://www.naturalnews.com/028929_F…)
Now we need more companies to stand up to FDA tyranny and take this rogue agency to court in order to stop its campaign of censorship and oppression against the natural products industry.
Just to be clear about what is a valid health claim
Just to be clear, in no way am I advocating that natural products companies should be able to just think up whatever health claims they want and emblazon their product packages with such things. We need to insist that health claims be “scientifically validated.”
For example, if a cherry company could cite five studies published in peer-reviewed scientific journals that conclude cherries can help ease the symptoms of arthritis, then it should be perfectly acceptable for that company to place corresponding claims on its packaging: “Cherries have been shown to reduce the symptoms of arthritis.” (With an appropriate citation on its website that points to the qualifying scientific studies.)
Almost everyone who believes in common sense would agree that this is a sensible approach to allowing health claims on foods and supplements. Yet the FDA’s position is that foods and supplements are not allowed to carry any health claims — even if such claims are scientifically validated and true!
The FDA absurdly insists that no food, no herb, no vitamin and no supplement can possibly have any biological effect on the human body… and if it does, then that magically transforms it into a “drug” requiring $400 million in testing and clinical trials before it can be approved by the FDA. And even then, it would only be available by prescription.
Do you see the catch-22 here? It’s sort of like the old “floating witch” test in the witch hunt days: If you float, you’re a witch and you get burned at the stake. If you sink, you die but you are declared innocent.
The FDA pulls the same thing with nutritional supplements: If it doesn’t work, then it’s inert and will be tolerated. But if it actually works, then it’s now a “drug” and will be outlawed as an “unapproved drug.”
I’m not making this up. This is precisely how the FDA operates at present.
It’s a logic trap that I believe has been specifically designed to discredit the entire nutritional supplements industry while promoting the “benefits” of pharmaceuticals — most of which we now know were falsified through pure scientific fraud, by the way.
Watch my short video to learn more about FDA censorship: http://naturalnews.tv/v.asp?v=544BD…
And share this video with others. Everyone deserves to know the truth about nutrition and health. The FDA cannot keep us all in the dark forever. With your help, we will shine the light of truth on this issue and end the era of nutritional illiteracy that has cost America trillions of dollars and destroyed millions of lives.